26 November, 2007

how unnecessary



How is it a task that seems so easy turns into a situation of frustration? If anyone has ever lost a cellphone you can relate to what I'm saying. I lost my phone at a bar and woke up the next morning thinking, "No big deal--I will buy a new one on Monday." Of course Monday comes and goes, as does Tuesday, then Wednesday, and before I can realize it is Friday. A whole week! I was pretty proud of myself for lasting that long without one of my technology staples. After visiting the AT&T/Cingular store and replacing my lost phone with the same pink razor I had before I was excited to take my purchase home and begin the rebate process. I've only had to replace one phone in 5 years and forgot how awful and time consuming this process actually is. Not only do you have to send in the stupid cardboard barcode attached to the box but you have to send in a copy--NOT THE ORIGINAL-- of your receipt (this is very clear and written in extra bold all caps futura just so you know AT&T is not fucking around). I would love to sit here and list everything else needed to complete this absurd process but honestly, I don't have the time and I'm sure you don't either. What have I learned from this experience? When you get drunk and fall down stairs be sure to check your purse or pockets for all of your belongings before continuing the night of drunken debauchery.

No comments: