27 November, 2007

why me



I was going through my mail one day and saw something that looked pretty important; it even had those serrated edges on each side like checks have which is the reason i got excited. I open it up to find this:



At first, like an idiot, I thought I had won my dream vacation. But after looking at these pieces or a while (a fake airline ticket, the postmaster instructions and the warning label for tampering on the front) I realized it was nothing but a low-budget scam. Although I was disappointed at not winning my dream vaca I thought, "What a cool way to scam people." I get a ton of junk mail and i have never seen companies go this far for their advertising. As much as I hate to say it I give US AIRWAYS and AVIS props for almost tricking me. It definitely made me open it as opposed to throwing it in my fireplace (which is what i normally do). Now I am on the lookout--watch, one of these days I'm really going to win, think it is a scam, and throw it in the fireplace only to realize I had 2 free tickets to Cabo. Wouldn't that be just my luck?

No comments: